Residential Endorsement

Residential EndorsementIf you’re a General Contractor, obtaining your Residential Endorsement is easy.

First of all, it is a requirement from the state that you complete an ACHP course (or its equivalent), which we call “Advanced Cold Climate Homebuilding Techniques.” We give a certificate that allows you to apply for your Residential Endorsement. Check our website calendar for upcoming Advanced Cold Climate courses in your area. Registration is required and class size is limited. Call (907) 229-6529 for more information and registration.

After taking our course, you’ll need to register for the Alaska State Residential Endorsement Exam, which is offered multiple times per year. After passing the State of Alaska Exam, you’re ready to apply for your Residential Contractor Endorsement! The application is available here. Please be aware that your passing test scores are valid for only 12 months. All of the above items will need to be completed before your test scores and ACHP certificate expire.

Questions? Check out the State of Alaska Website for more detailed information.

For information about eligibility and licensing requirements, contact:

State of Alaska, Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development,
Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing
P.O. Box 110806, Juneau, AK 99811-0806
Phone: 907-465-2534